What would you like your readers to know about you that is unique and even a bit personal?
I hate cameras!
I'm likely one of the least vain people you'll ever meet. I'm actually my own harshest critic by a large LARGE margin. While most of my friends are lighting up social media daily on snapchat and facebook with an endless pool of selfies, I'm that weird one always responding with text. I take terrible selfies, and no, it's not just a lack of practice. Oftentimes I'll send someone a selfie (IF I send one, I usually fight against it), and then when I show up 30 minutes later, they marvel at how I look like a completely different person.
So don't be offended if I politely duck or decline endless requests for more pics. I'm rather guarded with my terrible selfies. :)
What do you enjoy most about yourself?
When I was younger I feel I used to be quite volatile emotionally.
Now, I feel I'm a lot more even keel and in better command of my perspective on life.
There are many things in this world you cannot control--but you can control how you respond to them.
I try very hard to stay positive and not get overwhelmed by everything going on in the world around me, I try to be a stabilizing force for those who are a regular part of my life and have me in their lives, and I try to lift up those around me rather than holding them back or dragging them down.
I'm consistent, if nothing else. Why not be the good kind of consistent? :)
If you can't see the silver lining, try looking from a different angle. Anything is possible.
What is your specialty?
I'm very much the jocky, nerdy boy next door.
I'm the young guy running around your neighborhood shirtless every day--the same running route, at pretty much the same time every day. I love that beaten path, and I use it for everything it's worth.
I'm the guy cutting his grass every week--not just because the HOA is annoying, but because he also takes pride in his property looking nice.
I'm the guy who always smiles and waves to neighbors--it is cordial and polite.
I'm the guy you see getting home from the tennis courts still dripping sweat with legs caked in clay from the tennis match he just finished. I hobble inside--dying for that shower!
I'm also the guy you might accidentally catch a peek of darting around on his back porch naked--moving plants from sun to shade, reading a book, or maybe getting into a little mischief as a thunderstorm rolls in.
What are 5 things you can’t live without?
View my full interview »
1) Water: Whether it's a cold glass of water keeping me hydrated and cooling me off, or a hot shower in the Winter warming me up and relaxing me after a run...I can't imagine my life without water. My aquariums require it, my plants love it, and during the Summer, I am frequently complaining about needing more of it to fall from the sky. :)
2) Sleep: I greatly value my sleep. LOL Don't try me. LOL
3) Sunlight: It's amazing how just an hour in the sun can greatly improve my mood during the shortest days of the year. As a true southerner, I appreciate how everyone needs their time in the sun.
4) Sweet Tea: I told you, I'm a Southerner! :) The closer to hummingbird nectar, the better!
5) Time: Always in shortage, it seems. I can always use more patience and more time. Never forget; the least costly, yet most valuable gift you can ever give to anyone, even in its smallest modicum. ;)